The City of Aurora, CO is seeking a Debt, Investment & Treasury Manager. The ideal candidate will be an effective leader of people with the demonstrated capacity to energize staff and teams around City and Department priorities. A passion for encouraging professional growth, developing staff, and building organizational capacity is highly desirable. The individual needs to be a critical thinker who can identify challenges and opportunities and move the organization forward. The individual must possess strong management skills to ensure programs and services are delivered effectively and efficiently, that problems get resolved, and details are appropriately covered.
- Results Oriented - Improves and sustains superior business performance; ability to manage competing priorities effectively; ability to lead a team of financial analyst professionals through the debt financing process; makes financially-sound decisions; pursues aggressive goals and works hard/smart to achieve them
- Problem - Solving and Strategic Thinking – Demonstrates the ability to manage a financial operation; perform in-depth analyses and research; develop innovative solutions to debt, economic development and financing problems
- Inspirational Leadership – Demonstrates an enthusiastic and empowering workforce and creates an environment where ideas are fostered and nurtured; exhibits engaging and approachable behavior; listens attentively to understand the needs, intentions and values of others
- Collaboration - Has the ability to maintain effective working relationships with management, elected officials, developers, employees, bankers, advisors, underwriters and citizens, bridges roles and responsibilities within the department
- Financial Development/Acumen - In-depth knowledge of the principles and practices of debt issuance and management, debt instrument structuring, preferably instruments utilized in local government and finance and investment strategies and management; knowledge of public and private debt financings; knowledge of competitive and negotiated transactions.
- Effective Communicator - Strong interpersonal, analytical, written and verbal communication and presentation skills, managerial, supervisory, and creative problem-solving techniques; handles sensitive situations with tact and diplomacy
- Technically Savvy - Stays abreast of industry best practices, relevant technology applications and contemporary tools and work methods, and demonstrates a tendency towards exploring and applying new ways of doing business that add value to operations; strong computer skills for spreadsheet design, complex modeling, word processing applications, and remote collaboration.