Berkeley Unified School District is seeking an Executive Director – Classified Personnel. Characteristics of the ideal candidate include:
- Seven years of successful management of the human resource function at a public sector agency with a merit or civil service employment system.
- Demonstrate exemplary fairness, trustworthiness, and honesty in dealings with others.
- Knowledgeable of techniques and best practices for recruitment, selection, compensation, classification, and staffing.
- Strong familiarity with the CA Education Code and related laws and regulations and legal foundations of public meetings.
- Skilled problem solver who can create, revise, and implement programs and processes that will improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the services provided by the Personnel Commission.
- Demonstrate empathetic listening and strong interpersonal skills.
- Possess a high level of emotional intelligence to develop cooperative and synergistic relationships among stakeholders.
- Intellectually curious leader to inspire staff to grow professionally and to provide excellent service.
- Natural collaborator to create a team environment and promote cohesive-ness toward the achievement of goals.