Santa Clara Valley Water District, CA is seeking a Senior Accountant. This position will report directly to the Financial Services Manager of the General Accounting Unit and will lead the General Ledger section activities overseeing four professional Accountant IIs. Some of the responsibilities of this position include preparing journal entries, cost allocation, administering fund balance reserves, overseeing monthly and year-end accounting closes, providing lead direction in conducting annual financial audit, preparing the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) and State Controller’s Report, implementing new Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) pronouncements and a variety of technical tasks and special projects relative to general ledger.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead, plan, train and review the work of staff responsible for general ledger and financial reporting.
- Oversee accounts receivable, cash collections, daily bank deposits, and account reconciliations.
- Review and ensure accuracy and timely reporting of financial transactions into the general ledger.
- Prepare journal entry adjustments, administer fund balance reserves, monthly cost allocations, and fixed asset inventory control.
- Coordinate monthly and fiscal year-end accounting closes.
- Perform accounting tasks and problem resolution in assigned areas.
- Perform a variety of technical tasks and special projects relative to assigned area of responsibility.
- Oversee annual financial audits and provide support to outside auditors.
- Prepare annual financial reports. E.g. (CAFR) and the State Controller’s Report.