City of Cincinnati is seeking an exceptional and progressive leader to serve as its Chief of Police. The City desires a forward-thinking, collaborative leader who can engage with an active, diverse and involved community, has experience leading and innovating on public safety issues, and has a demonstrated commitment to community-oriented policing.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience cultivating and building relationships in a diverse community, with an orientation towards being visible, approachable, solving problems, engaging and making the community a partner.
- Has a clear and comprehensive understanding of the principles of effective leadership and management. A successful Chief will be charismatic, is comfortable with conflict and has unquestioned integrity.
- Have experience implementing new and improved police methodologies, policies, and procedures to enhance the effectiveness of the department and the City.
- Be committed to transparent, non-biased leadership on the job in public and private.
- Be familiar with gun violence reform and best practices across the country. Establishes a commitment to work with the City Manager and community members to examine and execute gun violence reform.