Placentia Library District is accepting applications for their Supervising Librarian position. This is a non-exempt supervisory position under the general direction of the Assistant Library Director.
- Plans, organizes, conducts, implements, and evaluates programs that promote the Library's collection and services.
- Schedules, assigns, supervises, disciplines, reviews, and evaluates the activities of staff.
- Conducts presentations and participates in community engagement activities including in-person and virtual meetings.
- Responsible for coordinating the selection and weeding of books and other library materials for the assigned collection.
- Prepares monthly and annual reports as assigned by the Assistant Library Director.
- Provides budget recommendations to the Assistant Library Director and conducts budget presentations as assigned.
- Assists in procuring, researching, writing, securing, and executing grants.
- Assists in the development, amendment, and implementation of library policies.
- Maintains cordial relations with all persons entitled to the services of the Library and attempts to resolve all public and employee concerns with respect and diplomacy.
- Fosters and nurture collaborations with community partners including the school district, service clubs, other government agencies, and local businesses.
Please download and complete the Application Form submit it along with your Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or the Placentia Library Administrative Office - 411 E. Chapman Avenue, Placentia, CA 92870.
This position closes at 4:00 p.m. on Friday, September 30, 2022. Interviews will be held the week of October 10, 2022.