The Metro Flood Diversion Authority Fargo, ND is seeking an Executive Director. The Executive Director is the chief executive officer of the Metro Flood Diversion Authority, reporting directly and responsible to the Diversion Authority (DA) Board for the efficient and effective day-today administration and leadership of the Fargo- Moorhead Metro Area Flood Control Diversion Project. This is a new position that will function without staff in the near term and will be expected to shape the administrative vision and organizational approach for the Diversion Authority in the future. The new Executive Director is an accomplished, visionary, strategic leader who ideally possesses:
- Understanding of complex project finance, budget and programming procedures.
- An unwavering commitment to completing projects for the public good on time and on budget and a track record of ‘getting things done’ under sometimes challenging circumstances.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively represent MFDA across a diverse range of stakeholders that includes the Board, public and media and to communicate complex information to both technical and non-technical groups.
- Ability to translate strategic plans into detailed goals and objectives. Capable of big picture thinking while executing project detail.
- An already recognized level of credibility and the ability to quickly establish mutual trust and respect.
- The interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence and political astuteness necessary to build and maintain relationships with the Board, external partners, and community.
- Ability to develop and grow the governance capacity of the Board; build a strong and coherent governance model that will endure beyond the physical construction of the project.
- Strong collaboration and negotiation skills coupled with resiliency, persistence and patience.