The Kern County Water Agency is seeking a General Manager. The General Manager reports to a seven-member Board of Directors and oversees the Agency’s 67 staff members and $365 million-dollar budget. Essential duties and skillsets include:
- Providing leadership and management in the development and implementation of Agency strategies, policies, and programs.
- Administering the annual budget and other financial functions.
- Managing personnel matters and workforce operations.
- Applying professional expertise to oversee water management and development.
- Maintaining standards and protocols in the areas of treated water quality and public health.
- Fostering positive working relationship with the Agency’s Member Units and others by employing excellent communication and consensus building skills.
- Serving as a representative and spokesperson of the Agency with the media, elected policy makers and local, State, and Federal agencies to protect and enhance the Agency’s interests.
- Overseeing capital project management to include new and upgraded infrastructure.
- Communicating with the Board of Directors on issues and the status of initiatives and projects within the Agency.