North Central Regional Transit District is seeking a Transit Operations Manager, an experienced and hands-on leader to manage the direction and priorities for the day-to-day operations of the Transit Operations Division with a goal of providing safe, reliable and efficient bus service. The next Transit Operations Manager shall have considerable knowledge in following:
- Thorough knowledge of transit system operations, including principles of organization, routing and scheduling
- Experience in principles and practices of supervision including employee relations, performance evaluation, employee motivation and training, delegation and employee discipline
- Understanding of Federal, State and local laws, legislative mandates, regulations, policies and guidelines related to the operation of a public transit system, and principles and practices of safe working practices in transit operations.
- Experience in manual and automated schedule making, run cutting techniques and rostering.
- Methods and techniques of researching and interpreting data and information, transit planning and transit scheduling.
- Experience with multimodal networks and alternative transit modes, and principles and practices of public transit systems.
- High quality customer methodologies and principals.
- Exhibit the ability to effect and manage change in an organization through strong leadership and management skills all while setting the tone for a positive organizational image and be an agent for change and process improvement.
- Exercise independent judgment in the analysis and solution of complex service delivery and scheduling issues.