The City of Aurora, CO is seeking a Current Planning Manager. The Current Planning Manager supervises and participates in advanced, highly complex professional planning and development activities through the management and supervision of a large staff within the overall Development Review system. The City of Aurora is growing rapidly and is seeking a highly motivated, creative problem solver to guide and shape the city’s future growth and development.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Current Planning Manager actively supports and upholds the City’s values of Respect, Integrity, Professionalism and Customer Service in the management of the Current Planning Division with the following primary duties and responsibilities:
- Performs and manages complex, sensitive and professional current planning projects, research and analysis.
- Monitors and ensures compliance with the city’s Unified Development Ordinance (UDO) as well as other associated local, state and federal laws.
- Oversees specialized planning functions such as large-scale new master planned development proposals.
- Provides overall leadership and management of division.
- Interacts and collaborates with a wide variety of customers including but not limited to the City Council, boards, commissions, elected officials, consultants, developers, citizens, neighborhood representatives, city departments, neighboring local jurisdictions and agencies.
- Manages administrative and professional staff and supervisors; mentors; and ensures appropriate training is provided. Handles sensitive personnel matters, as necessary.
- Evaluates operations and activities of assigned responsibilities and recommends improvements and enhancements.
- Presents complex planning related information to boards, commissions, City Council, internal and external customers as well as at regional planning events.
- Participates in budget preparation and administration; monitors and controls expenditures.
- Serves as liaison and performs all necessary functions in support of Planning Commission and attends all Planning Commission meetings and Council meetings as necessary.